- Views 1314
Mangaluru:‘ Speaking on the Press meet Managing Trustee of AEF Vivek Alva Said That Alva’s Pragati-2016’ the annual Mass Placement drive organized by Alva’s Education Foundation, will be held on 2nd and 3rd July 2016 at the Vidyagiri campus, Moodbidri, Dakshina Kannada.
AEF has been and is committed to the cause of creating employment opportunities for the rural youth that go unnoticed as they have limited access to employment markets. Year by year we have upgraded this platform to make it more beneficial to the candidates and companies.
Alva’s Pragati started with 38 companies participating in its first edition. Last year’s Alva’s Pragati witnessed the participation of 272 companies and over 18,000 job aspirants with more than 5,525 offers rolled out. Throughout this year we have conducted 106 exclusive and pool campus drives and 1043 students have got selected.
This year Dr. B.R. Shetty, CEO of NMC and UAE Exchange will be inaugurating this event on 2nd July 2016.
Almost 400 companies are likely to participate in this year’s Alva’s Pragati and as of now, more than 150 companies have confirmed their participation
Hospitality and Logistics of all corporate will be hosted and taken care of by AEF. Alva’s Pragati is open not only for the students of AEF but also open to the student aspirants across the country.
Prominent companies that participated in the last version of Alva’s Pragati-2015 include Oracle, EY, IBM, TCS, Amazon, Biocon, Adani group, Titan, ITC, Taj Group, ICICI Bank, Wipro, TVS, AllCargo, Mphasis, Standard Chartered Bank, Axis Bank, MRG group, Kirloskar Electric, Idea Cellular, etc.
More representation of companies this year from sectors such as Manufacturing, IT, ITeS, Telecom, BFSi, Sales & Retail, Pharma, Hospitality, Healthcare, Education & NGO, and Defence.
The main objective of conducting this placement drive is to create opportunities by bringing together jobs and the young talent (aspirants) of the rural places. Most of these regions lack both opportunities and information about job avenues. This platform was primarily created for this purpose 7 years back.
After an intensified and dedicated organizing of the Udyoga melas’ and Alva’s Pragati we have understood the following:
- Extensive opportunity for graduates across streams: There are a huge number of opportunities across sectors for graduates from various streams. Companies from sectors like Telecom, IT, Banking, Sales and Marketing etc would be hiring graduates from all streams.
- Hotel management students should make use of this opportunity: Vast opportunities are available for Hotel Management graduates from many premier and star rated hotels, but very less number of candidates with hotel management qualification attend this drive. Request all hotel management graduates to make the best use of the offers in Alva’s Pragati.
- Good opportunities await nursing graduates: A good range of opportunities awaits nursing graduates from reputed hospitals in India and Middle-east countries. So we request all nursing graduates to attend Pragati in large numbers.
- MLT candidates have great opportunity: Candidates with MLT qualifications are highly sought after, so candidates with this qualification should come to Pragati for leveraging this opportunity.
- ITI/Diploma students are in high demand: ITI/Diploma candidates are in high demand with all manufacturing companies including those from the Automobile sector.
- This year there are more opportunities available for engineering graduates in sectors like Manufacturing and IT.
Highlights of ‘Alva’s Pragati-2016’ are
- Registration is FREE – for both companies and candidates. Online registration can be done on alvaspragati.com.
- Companies can register at http://alvaspragati.com/CompanyRegistrationPage
- Students can register at http://alvaspragati.com/CandidateRegistrationPage
- Mobile app: An Android and iOS based app has been created to benefit both the aspirants and the participating companies. This will give real-time information to all the candidates on the participating companies with the job profile for their specific qualification. Also the candidates will receive notification on interview process based on their qualification.
After the registration the candidates can utilize this app by downloading it to their smart phones.
- Android users from Google Play Store (https://goo.gl/RBjnNb)
- iOS users from App Store (https://goo.gl/mTVR9e)
- A color coded card is given to each candidate that will help match the right candidate with the right profile and correspondingly the color (based on their requirements) is displayed next to the company name in all the displays.
- Employability Enhancement Center (Udyoga Mahiti Kendra)- is a dedicated assessment and
counseling centre staffed by HR executives, trainers and teachers. Candidates are guided and
helped to face interviews with the right companies.
- 5. Clarity Wall –displays all the OPEN positions of participating companies with their descriptions.
- Accommodation for outstation candidates: Accommodation will be provided to outstation
candidates participating in this drive.
- Bus facility for ITI candidates: Buses would be provided to ITI candidates from their respective
institute to the venue on both the days. The institutes will have to provide us prior information on
the number of students participating.
Candidates should bring the following when attending the ‘Alva’s Pragati-2016’ Job fair
Photos / CVs / Xerox copies of marks cards / online registration number.
Requirements while attending ‘Alva’s Pragati-2016’ Job fair
- 5-10 Passport Size photos along with Updated resumes of the candidate.
- All marks cards attached (Xerox copies only).
- Participants are requested to be present at Vidyagiri campus, Moodbidri on 2nd & 3rd July 2016 at 8:30 a.m.
- Online registration Number/ID.
Online Registration: www.alvaspragati.com. The link for student registration is provided there. After registration kindly download one of the following apps.
Android users from Google PlayStore (https://goo.gl/RBjnNb)
iOS users from App Store (https://goo.gl/mTVR9e)
For any queries the candidates can call us on
Email us at:email@example.com.