- Views 1311
Mangaluru, December 3, 2015: ZERODHA, India’s leading online brokerage firm, announced the launch of its web based trading platform KITE in KANNADA today.
KITE is a minimalistic web based trading platform that adapts to mobiles and tablet. It also offers everything a traditional platform does, and a lot more, through a very minimalistic interface. The interface is so simple and self explanatory, anyone with basic knowledge can login and start trading without training.
Speaking more on the new development, Nithin Kamath, Founder and CEO, ZERODHA, said, “With our trading platform in Kannada, we will definitely reach to a large number of people who are comfortable trading in their mother tongue rather than in English. With Internet penetration, we feel that KITE, will play a major role in making online trading easier for everyone”.
KITE is integrated with an advanced behavioural analytics and visualization platform, called Quant, which helps traders understand their trading behaviour to make informed investment decisions. KITE search across 70,000+ stocks and instruments across multiple exchanges instantly.
Adding more on the development, Karthik Rangappa, Vice President – Research & Education, ZERODHA, said, “This is a huge step forward for traders from Karnataka. With a trading platform in Kannada, language is no longer a barrier for the trading/investing community. Care has been taken to present all the commonly used market terms in Kannada. We are certain that Kite’s superior technology wrapped up and presented in a local language will not only ensure seamless access to markets, but also make the whole trading experience enjoyable”.
KITE also provide live streaming prices for all the instruments and buy sell with just two clicks, or completely using keyboard shortcuts. It has advanced technical analysis charting (99 indicators) and 5 years of free historical data for all stocks.
Apart from Kannada, KITE will be launched in other major Indian languages in months to come.
Link to KITE: https://kite.zerodha.com/
Other Unique initiatives from ZERODHA
- PI – India’s most advanced trading platform with advanced technical analysis platform with over 10 different chart types, 80+ built-in technical indicators, and over 10 drawing tools for annotation. One can also trade directly off charts with a single click or by drawing target lines
- VARSITY – ZERODHA is also creating a strong online education infrastructure for its clients to interact and learn about stock markets. The 6 month old education initiative called ‘ZERODHA VARSITY’ is already popular within the trading and investing community. Varsity has garnered over a million page views and has over 4000 subscribers. VARSITY will provide high quality education content and is made available for free.
- Expert Advisors – Comprehensive list of public Expert Advisors and their trade scripts codes. It helps traders to backtest their strategy on PI and sees its past performances.
- SPAN Calculator – The Zerodha SPAN calculator is the first online tool in India that let you calculate comprehensive margin requirements for option writing/shorting or for multi-leg F&O strategies while trading equity, F&O, commodity and currency before taking a trade. No more taking trades just to figure out the margin that will be blocked.
- Q – Q is the next-generation back office system being built by Zerodha. Q is the ultimate financial digital assistant with cutting-edge designs and the fast advancing technology Indian trader and investors deserves
- Quant – Quant is like trading journal with insights on best trading periods, most profitable streaks, optimal position sizes, contracts and more, all intelligently compiled from past trading behavior
- Insider Trading – Insiders are individuals with access to non-public information about a company and are usually the Promoters, CAs, Employees etc. of it. Zerodha Insider Trading tool let’s you track any significant trade by insiders of listed NSE/BSE companies and keeps you updated on what people who are privy to more information than you are doing with their stock.
ZERODHA is an award winning online discount brokerage firm designed to allow active traders to buy and sell financial instruments such as stocks, futures and options, currencies and commodities under a never seen before brokerage-free model in order to deliver the maximum value and benefits to its clients. Technology driven, Zerodha currently offers advanced trading platforms like Pi and KITE, intuitive reporting tools like Q and Quant. ZERODHA is also creating a strong online education infrastructure for its clients to interact and learn about stock markets, the initiative called ‘ZERODHA VARSITY’ is already popular within the trading and investing community.
ZERODHA is the first broking firm in India to go completely online and has been instrumental in introducing the concept of ‘discount broking’, where Rs.20 is charged for every trade done through its platform irrespective of size of the trade.